Hi Everyone! Hope you have had a great weekend. This week I’m talking about the spaces where you accomplish the most work. Is there a specific space in your home where you get the most work done? Or is there a space outside of your home where you can always accomplish more work than when you are at home? I think that, yes, when we are at our daily jobs, there is more work that is accomplished. I can accomplish more at home as long as I am home alone. I always have that feeling that I need to be considerate to those that are home and to be quiet to not interrupt them. Plus, I know for a fact my husband just likes to throw me off my game plan just to mess with me. I’ll get into a project or something I have needed to get done and he will always find that perfect time to ask me where something is or what’s for dinner. So, of course, I get side tracked.
Are there family members that hover around you when you start to do your homework? I have a sister who likes to be in the room with anyone home. She does not like to be alone. She will literally sit in the room with me while I do homework and play on her phone or watch me like a hawk. The watching me drives me crazy because I know she is silently being a grammar police and or looking for any mistakes I have made. I also can’t do any homework in my bedroom. I swear if I even open my book in there I start to yawn. I accomplish nothing when I am in my room unless it’s watching a TV series or movie, and even then I am lucky to get through an entire movie without falling asleep.
So here are my tips for getting things accomplished:
- Plan a time when you can be home alone or have a quiet room to yourself.
- Make a list of what you would like to accomplish.
- Turn on some upbeat music if what you’re doing has to do with cleaning. If it has to do with homework I would recommend low volume elevator music. When I play music with lyrics that I know it is always harder for me to concentrate on what I am reading because I start to sing along with the music and have a tendency to dance. Yeah, not a great idea when you are trying to finish up your homework.
- Do not sit down if you are cleaning.
- Put your Facebook and other social media apps on silent. Those dang social media apps are very time consuming and addictive.
- Make sure there’s lots of sunlight and a table for homework. Also, I get a lot of homework done if I have a space that is tidy and clean. If not, I am going to spend some of my homework time cleaning.
So I hope you find your perfect space where you can accomplish all you have been wanting. I will see you next week!